February is American Heart Month February 2, 2011
WorldofOmega goes Red on Feb. 4! Also offering additional 5% off on heart health products with coupon womheart (expires Feb. 14th, 2011).
Heart disease has probably touched you or someone you know. The American Heart Association is calling every one of us to make it our mission to fight heart disease and stop the No. 1 killer in North America. Go Red for someone you love.
- 90% of women have 1 or more risk factors for developing heart disease
- More than 82 million American adults are estimated to have 1 or more types of cardiovascular disease. That is 1 in 3 people
- On average 2200 Americans die of cardiovascular disease every day, average of 1 death every 39 seconds
- Heart Disease is No. 1 cause of death among women 20 and older, killing about 1 woman every minute
- More women die of heart disease than the next 4 causes of death including all forms of Cancer.